87 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) HERSHEY®’S Premier White Chips
- 1/4 Cup Shortening Directions
Nutrition Facts: 2 cookies equals 128 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil. Beat in eggs. Stir in molasses. Combine
- the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed
- mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 3/4-in. balls and roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until cookie springs back when
- touched lightly. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip cookies halfway
- into the melted chips; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand
- until set. Yield: about 14-1/2 dozen.