Monday, August 31, 2009

Pumpkin Bread


This is always such a treat in our house when the Fall season arrives...I decided to start baking a little early for the season! My daughter requested that I make my pumpkin bread (which is a wonderful recipe from my friend Denise!)..so, after she left for school this morning, I baked up a bunch of loaves!

PUMPKIN BREAD preheat to 325°

3 cups white sugar 1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp cloves
2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp nutmeg
1+1/2 tsp salt
Mix above ingredients in large bowl

1 cup vegetable oil 2 eggs
2 cups pumpkin (1 small can)
Blend these into above mixture

Add 3+1/2 c flour and mix well

Bake at 325° in 2 greased loaf pans for 1hour 15 min
or 1 hour for 4 small loaf pans

Enjoy!


**Edited to add...this morning I decided to put a little less of the mix in each loaf pan before baking..I was able to make 6 small loaves from this batch of mix!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by our recipe blog and taking a moment
to comment. We hope you enjoyed browsing through our recipes.
Have a fantastic day! :)
Louise and Nicole xx