Friday, October 2, 2009

My Chicken Soup!



This is a pretty simple recipe, actually I don't really follow any rules when I make this, but it is one of my favorite meals!

Chicken Soup
Ingredients:
Whole Chicken (whatever is leftover from the previous dinner the night before!)
Chopped celery
Chopped Carrots
Chopped Onions
Spinach leaves
Salt
Pepper
Orzo Noodles

I take the leftover whole chicken (whole with bones, and put in a pot , cover with water)
Bring to a boil, then simmer for about two hours.
Take out whole chicken, and let cool on dish.
Separate and take off as much leftover chicken from bones as you can and put all the chicken back into the broth in pot.
Discard bones.
Take all chopped vegetables and put into pot of broth with chicken.
Add salt and pepper to taste.

I usually let it cook for a while longer, maybe another hour. Till vegetables are soft.
Cook orzo noodles separately in another small pot.

I add orzo noodles to each bowl as needed when serving soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by our recipe blog and taking a moment
to comment. We hope you enjoyed browsing through our recipes.
Have a fantastic day! :)
Louise and Nicole xx